Regular maintenance of your garage door can prolong its life span and ensure it continues operating smoothly and safely. A well-maintained garage door is less likely to break down unexpectedly, reducing repair costs and preventing inconvenient disruptions to your daily routine.
What Should Garage Door Maintenance Include?
The general recommendation is to have your garage door serviced at least once a year by a professional garage door technician. During the annual service, your technician will inspect and test all the components of your garage door and opener, including the springs, cables, rollers, hinges, tracks and safety sensors. Expert technicians from Consolidated Garage Doors, Ltd., will identify any signs of wear and tear, damage or misalignment and make any needed adjustments or repairs to ensure your door operates safely, smoothly and quietly.
It’s essential to pay attention to any signs that your garage door is making unusual noises or not operating correctly. These could indicate that the door requires servicing sooner than the recommended annual interval.
Signs You Should Get Your Garage Door Serviced
Regular servicing of your garage door is crucial for ensuring safe, efficient and long-lasting operation. Failing to maintain your garage door can lead to various issues. Here are some signs that your garage door requires servicing:
- Slow or uneven operation: If your garage door is taking longer than usual to open or close or moving in a jerky or uneven manner, these issues could come from the springs, cables or rollers.
- Excessive noise: Garage doors can produce some noise during operation, but if the noise becomes louder than usual or includes grinding, scraping or rattling sounds, it could be a sign of worn or damaged components. Our technicians can identify the source of the noise and make any necessary repairs.
- Door sticking or jamming: If your garage door is sticking or jamming during operation, it could be due to misaligned tracks, broken rollers or hinges.
- Safety or sensor issues: Garage doors are equipped with safety sensors that prevent the door from closing if there is an obstacle in the way. If these fail to work, this can be a safety hazard.
- Damaged components: Over time, your garage door’s components can wear out or become damaged, leading to reduced performance and increased risk of breakdowns.
Contact Us Today for Garage Door Service and Repairs
Trust us to fix a range of residential garage door issues and provide preventive maintenance. Get in touch with us today for expert garage door service.